India is a place where we love to shop whichever it is online or offline. But here we would love to discuss about online shopping as it is a rapid growing market in India. As per studies, in India online shoppers are predictable to raise from 20 million in 2013 to 40 million in 2016, as an added 200 million Indians will access the Internet in the recent future, with mass of them coming online through smart phones, points toward a new mutual study by Assoc ham and Grant Thornton.
In accordance with the study, a considerably low of 19% but fast-growing Internet populace of 243 million in 2014 is asign of the sector’s massive growth prospective in India. This underlines the possibilities of Internet use in India and as Internet access increases the possible growth of the e-commerce industry will also enhance.
It also predicts that the Indian e-commerce market is anticipated to grow up at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 63% to reach $8.5 billion (Rs. 54,304 crores more or less) in 2016 on the reverse of growth in the access levels of mobile and Internet and increased user demand.India’s presentactivities are close to what existed in China then – growing broadband access, recognition of online shopping places, and lack of physical retail communications in many places caused by high realty costs.
But here we will not talk a lot about market trend, business growth at all. We will discuss about online shopping advantages and disadvantages here for your benefit.
- Access –The most important one is the easy accessibility. Online shopping permits you to shop from any seller, at anytime, anyplace in the world. Virtual window shopping allows all consumers to shop at their free time and across severalshopping places.
- Time Saving –No doubt is time saving. You no longer have to get on your car and have to drive to one mall to another. There are no queues and you can return to your shopping cart whenever you liketo.
- Deals and Promotions– Before you sign out from your account, you can search the Internet to find out online coupon codes or special discount offers. There are several business strategies for which many companies send coupons to their clients who have decided on their e-mail marketing promotion, delivering them with the latest merchandise or service information and what recent promotions they are currently investing.
- Shipping Rates– Though most of the sellers offer free shipping, some still may charge a minimum cost.
- Waiting –Though the online vendors deliver product very fast, but for those who are impatient, waiting for a desired product to be delivered can be irritating.
- Refunds/Returns –Usually online vendors offer easy return or refund policy. But in some cases it may differ. If an item comes scratched or not as portrayed, you will surely want to return those or would want a refund of your money. It may change with the vendor’s personal business policy. So, be careful about the policy before purchasing.